Many of us come here having served as active mission and service personnel, and we want to continue that calling even in our retirement. We also desire to age in place where the quality of care includes more than checking vitals and dispensing medication.
Brooks-Howell is known in our community as a home where the personal touch is a priority. We practice an individualized approach to resident health, not just through medical care but with compassion and dignity as well.
In our healthcare unit, our team of professionals meets weekly with residents and families to optimize care planning on nutrition, physical health and emotional wellness. Community service providers consult with our team to ensure holistic care.
For both independent and healthcare residents, we weave in programs offered by several local partners to complement the services our nurses provide. Some of our collaborating programs:
- Onsite care and consultation from CarePartners Hospice Services
- Onsite physician care from Asheville Internal Medicine
- Pharmaceutical care from Blue Ridge Long Term Care Pharmacy
- Medication management service for independent residents through Sona Pharmacy’s ACCESS program
- Onsite therapy services billable to Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance through RehabCare
Because we are not a licensed Medicare facility, we have developed a partnership with Givens Estates. When our residents require short-term rehabilitative care, after surgery, for example, Givens Estates will provide care and residency within their health center until the Medicare dollars have been maximized.